Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The accidental spectator



 Ever go to a triathlon on accident? As you may remember, last Sunday I went to view the Detroit Triathlon. Well, this Sunday I ended up catching the Trek Women’s Triathlon Series in Monroe, MI. this was not my plan for Sunday but it just sort of happened. Let me explain.  This weekend we decided to go camping at Sterling State Park to test out a travel trailer my co-worker is selling.  Friday night I was looking at the park announcements, sad that I had missed the lake Erie rock collecting seminar  (yes I’m a nerd) when I noticed that the Trek Women’s Triathlon was going to be held at the park on Sunday. Oh joy! I can watch another triathlon this weekend and actually be on time to see the swim start.

The race was managed by 3 Disciplines Racing and they did a really spectacular job. I went to the Willow Duathlon, which they put on in May, and was impressed with their setup.  This one was just as well done. The transition area was well set up, the course seemed well marked, and volunteers seemed to know what they were doing.

Another nice thing was that the race did not start early, as with the Detroit Tri. Actually, the swim started about 15 minutes late. This was nice because the Detroit Tri started 30 minutes early and I missed it.

Not much to report, as I was not in the race, but here is a gallery of pics I took.





No comments:

Post a Comment