Friday, June 18, 2010

Just because you can move does not prove you're alive

Finally I feel better. Last night I had doubts whether I would make it or not. My throat was so swollen that I could not swallow, and I was scared I might have to go to the ER to get an epi-shot. Well, I took some allergy pills and Motrin and that seems to have fixed it! Turns out I may not have been sick at all this week, my allergies just flared worse than I have ever experienced.

This last week make me think about verse 148 of the Dhammapada:

All decrepit is this body,
Diseases’ nest and frail;
This foul mass is broken up
For life does end in death.

Explanation:  This form - this body - is fully broken down. It is truly a den of diseases. It disintegrates easily. Out of its nine orifices, putrid matter oozes constantly. It breaks apart. Death puts an end to it. (Taken from buddhanet.net)

So anyway, now I feel good enough to start training again (or at least what I call training)

No comments:

Post a Comment