Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Take me away!

These posts are still short on substance as I get used to blogging and find my own voice in the blogosphere. Life seems to imitate my blogging today, as you’ll see below…

an old calgon commercial from the 1970's perfectly fits my mood right now:

...after the first 15 seconds you'll see what I'm talking about.


Ok, here I am sitting at work and all I can think about is getting away from it all. I haven’t had a day off in two weeks, but Friday I’m off to the beautiful beaches of Petoskey on lake Michigan for 5 days of much needed rest. 
During the week I plan to:
Look for rocks
Swim
Hike
Trail run
Sit around doing nothing 
Read a book on the beach
Be not at work.
Just be

 I am hoping this will be like hitting a reset button and revive my training motivation. Its not really that I need the motivation to train its just that I need the motivation to make the time in my life for training. I suppose that lacking the motivation to make time to train is the SAME thing as not having the motivation to train. If I wanted to train bad enough, I would make the time.

A lot of things may be causing this lack of motivation. Having recently switched shifts at work, dealt with my sons graduation party and all the out of town relatives, and being sick I just haven’t been able to find a groove to fit into.

No comments:

Post a Comment